6 Ways to Teach Discipline to 2 to 5-Year-Old Children
Being a mother is a matter of handling full domestic job. She deals with things like bathing and feeding children but she also helps her children in positive characterization. She knows WHAT IS GOOD PARENTING. So she always takes care of how she should act in front of her children.
This is clear that education is the second most important thing you can offer your little one. The first is love. To discipline a child, an effective way is to have such strategy that helps understand the child’s mentality which leads you to the suitable way of teaching method.
The specialist explains that a child, who has been taught self-control, knows his limits and is self-confident. However, a child without this learning is likely to have bad behavior and might have the feeling that people don’t love him. Try to stop him every time he makes such tantrum. Tell him that these are not appropriate words to say.
Take into account that physical punishment is not an option. The only thing children learn when their parents beat them, is to swallow resentment, to hide the anger, and not respect them. Punishment does not solve anything. Try to have an extra dose of patience and control. Do not forget that your task as a mother or father is to educate rather than punish.
Ways to Teach Discipline
- Rules: Tell them to follow the rules. Do it in advance. Tell them if they break them then they will be held responsible. Keep your position firm so that the children understand that the rules are made to comply with them..
- Moderate the “NO”: To deny your child for anything, the word ‘‘NO’’ is not an appropriate word to use. It is not right to say no to your child be. You better give them reasoning and tell them the disadvantages.
- Consistency: When you have the task of teaching discipline with love, you must remain calm but firm. Be consistent and tell them to follow the rules the first day you defined them. For example: if your child feeds the dog every day, let him do it. Do not become careless in monitoring. Children must learn that they have responsibilities.
- The thinking chair: If your child loses control, send him to the thinking chair. There he must stay for a few minutes. Make sure nothing distracts him. Don’t provide toys nearby. Once the time of the “punishment” is over, explain what he did wrong and tell him that if he will not stop himself, you will send him to that place again.
- Assign responsibilities: We recommend that mothers should assign responsibilities to the child starting at age of 5. Of course, those tasks will be according to his age.
- Repetitive behaviors: Ask yourself what things might be causing my child to act that way. For example, children ages 4 to 5 usually lie. Understand why they do it, and if you have to correct it, do it.
FACTORS THAT CAUSE DISOBEDIENCE IN 2-5 YEARS OLD
Be attentive: Be patient because this is your responsibility to educate your child the values and discipline with love, you have to be aware not only when your child misbehaves but keep an eye on him throughout the day. Otherwise, he will never listen to you and act according to your directions.
Do not misunderstand: When your child reaches the stage of two years, he usually says “no,” to everything. Try to find out the cause that forces him to disobey you. May be it is happening because he receives more than two orders at a time or does not understand what you ask and also may be he knows that you will repeat the indication several times before he responds, which might be irritating. So the actual concern is to figure out the root of the problem.
TIPS TO EDUCATE DISOBEDIENT CHILDREN
1. As your mother or father, you need to set clear standards
The child must know what will happen if he disobeys. For example, say “I will only ask you once, and if you do not listen to me, you will see the consequences”; then latter, punish him of his irresponsible behavior. You can send him to the chair to think, forbid him to watch his favorite TV show, do not allow him to go out to the playground to play or do not let him use video games.
2. Correct immediately
Do not time pass. Do not fall for their manipulations, or respond to their complaints. Act directly and do it at the moment the act of disobedience happens. A guardian should not give him another chance to make mistake.
3. Stop the child using gestures
There is no need to use harsh language to your child and do not beat him too. Have look at him firmly so that he will be able to realize that he has done something wrong then you must tell him that you should not cross the limits.
4. Never threat a child
Threatening your child can be the worst thing you can do to him. This not only affects your child’s mentality but will weaken your bonding with him too. Threatening can throw dangerous impacts on his mind. A much known example is to see your child wake up at night having fear that someone is after him. Another example is that your child will be less confident and afraid of small things. A guardian SHOULD KNOW THE TYPES OF PARENTING STYLES to deal with this situation. Stop threatening and have cool tone while speaking with your little one. This not only will nourish his mind but let him be a strong and positive person.
The WAYS TO DISCIPLINE TO 2-5 YEARS OLD can be beneficial for you only when you truly not neglect the above mentioned points that we have discussed with you. Try to avoid harsh language and set standards for your child. Give your child a follow up and be attentive towards his acts so you can correct him immediately using polite tone.